Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Spiders

Ok, I may have an irrational fear of spiders.  I do not like them at all.  I can't even stand to look at pictures of them without chilling all over.   If I do not conquer this anxiety, living alone is going to be a disaster.  Unless anyone knows of someone who is on-call 24/7 for this job? If a spider is on the floor or fairly low to the ground, I can handle things.  No problem.  Well, smaller problem.  I still need to work up some nerve.  It is when they are out of my reach or above my head, that the situation gets grim.  I try to squish them, but my shoulders and arms literally freeze up.  It is the strangest thing.  It is like the pesky arachnids are using some sort of Jedi mind trick on me (I have never seen Star Wars, so I assume this is how it works).  My mind begins to imagine every place they could fall if I don't hit them just right.  Perhaps, even falling so quickly I don't see where they land.  I would then have to move out of the room for at least 48 hours, until the creep has been found or hopefully relocated.  Then, there is my biggest fear of all...LANDING ON YOU!  I can't even think about that last scenario without my paper bag handy.  Also, please do not share any fun facts about the number of spiders that crawl into your various orifices whilst sleeping each year.  Does this information really do anyone any good?  We have enough things to keep us up at night.  By the way,  I am completely aware of how crazy and ridiculous I sound. 

You may be wondering what this has to do with "What I know now?"  You'd be right to wonder.  I guess I do now know that this is an aberrant anxiety that I need to attend to.  Stay tuned for an update on my fear blog.  I don't know when this fear will be "conquered," but I have less than one year to do it.  Maybe I will save it for last.

No comments: